Jump to RecipeJump to VideoPrint Recipe
Lemon basil chicken
If you're a big fan of Thai cuisine, you've definitely been drawn towards the fragrant and delectable flavours of this dish. Though Thai cuisine is known for its fragrant herbs and spices, Lemon Basil stands out among all of those. This quick and easy dinner is a perfect for those hectic days. Here's a recipe for Lemon Basil Chicken for a quick midweek meal that is pan-fried and seared to perfection!Print RecipePin Recipe Prep Time 25 mins Course Appetizer Servings 1 plateCalories 120.8 kcal
- 200 g Chicken, skinless
- 3 tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pound the chicken to an equal 3/4-inch thickness. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag after patting it dry with paper towels.
- In a blender or food processor, combine lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and basil. Pulse for 30 seconds, or until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag, and turn to fully coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat, or about 400°F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Place each chicken piece separately and grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until thoroughly done.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with more basil, if desired.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by HealthifyMe (@healthifyme)
Keyword basil leaves, chicken, lemon