Jump to RecipeJump to VideoPrint Recipe
Palak Brown Rice
Spinach has long been recognised as a nutritious vegetable. It is high in iron, potassium and vitamin A, it can be called one of the best leafy greens. It is also great for abdominal pain and cramps. Though you may consider it as boring, this receipe will change your mind. Try this palak brown rice recipe for something fun and delicious. Print RecipePin Recipe Prep Time 20 mins Course Main Course Servings 1 cup
- 1 cup Blanched Spinach Puree
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Chilli Paste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 Cloves
- 1 piece Cinnamon
- 1 piece Green Cardamom
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- Cook your brown rice to perfection
- Blanch some spinach in hot water and puree it to make a smooth paste.
- Next, in a deep bottom vessel, heat oil and add the dry spices cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom, mace, and star anise for a minute
- Now add chopped onions, ginger garlic and chili paste, cook till they are golden brown.
- Pour brown rice, spinach puree, salt, water, and lemon juice.
- Close the vessel with the lid and cook on low heat for 10 minutes till everything is combined.
- Serve this warm.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by HealthifyMe (@healthifyme)
Keyword brown rice, palak